Milburn Lime is South Otago’s top lime deposit and is reputed to have the highest quality agricultural lime in New Zealand.
The Lime Kiln Farm was purchased in 1867 by Mr J. McDonald, with Milburn Lime and Cement taking over in 1888.
Fossils were an early discovery and generations of children spent many hours over the years visiting the site.
The local Tokomairiro Historical Society and the Otago Museum, have also spent time at the site.
Distance from Milton: 8kms northeast.